It seems like a lot has gone on and at the same time like not much has.
Karl and I both had birthdays pass, which were spent with grilled cheese and sushi (the latter was my birthday pick of course.) I had a great night out with my family for my birthday in orange county, we went to a teppanyaki restaurant! Karl took me to my favorite vegan place on my actual birthday and then we stuffed ourselves with flourless chocolate cake when we got home.
We made a trip out to Hemet to visit with his great-grandma Adeline, better know as Ad. His grandma, Fran, flew in from Tennessee and his Dad, Step-Mom and Uncle drove down from the bay area. It was great spending time with everyone! We had done this two years ago but this was my first time meeting Karl's uncle Kevin. Here is the fam!
l-r: Sandi (step-mom), Neil (dad), Fran (grandma), Ad (great-grandma), Karl, Kevin (uncle)A few weeks later Karl's Mom came down from the Bay Area to visit and bring down some bookshelves and a book case, so we have some work to do on putting those up. It was my first time meeting her as well! It was a quick trip but we showed her around some places we like to go to. That Sunday was Father's Day so I headed down to my grandma's in Brea and saw all my family and ate some delicious food!
This past weekend we took Friday off and drove up to Fremont (where he is from) to stay with his Dad and Step-Mom where I would be meeting his grandpa. I've now officially met all of his immediate family. The whole family is a crack up so there was lots of laughing and fun pictures! It was really nice to get away for a little bit. It was great not having to sleep through sirens and lights blaring through the windows from billboards nearby :)
One of our stops in Fremont was this thrift store he really likes called Thrift Town. There was this really neat Milk glass candy dish and I realized I've always really liked the way that stuff looks. I didn't have my wallet with me but Karl's parents surprised me and went back and got it for me when they got dinner. His step-mom also had an old vase/pitcher made out of it so she was nice enough to give me that as well! When I googled Milk glass today the wikipedia entry came up and they had this picture of some displayed and I fell in love with how they presented it. I think I would use teal instead of blue though...

Letterpress class starts next week! I just found out that I will be taking it with not one friend from college but two! It will be great to not only catch up with Brenda and Danni but to be taking an art class with them because they are both extremely talented.
Oh! I've stop driving to work! I'm bus only now to work and try to take it other places as much as possible. It's been fantastic to just zone out to music, read etc. and not worry about traffic. I live 8 miles from work which with LA traffic meant a 40 minutes commute in the morning and about an hour coming home! It hasn't really changed much with bussing either and I don't really notice much because I'm not doing the driving. My monthly metro pass will also let me take the train all the way to Pasadena for the class so that's going to be awesome.
Phew ok, all caught up!

3 comments:
Ayye!! I can't wait for classes to start! I looked up the metro and think I'll be joining you on the bus, too.
can't wait for letterpress! :) oh, tagged you in a survey, haha..
http://ohhellofriend.blogspot.com/2008/06/lovely-survey-from-making-it-lovely.html
i think they're fun. see you next week friend <3
- danni
Wow. That was quite the update. Sounds like you've been a busy girl. Lots of fun trips and yay for meeting the whole family and spending time with Karl.
Congrats on bussing it. I'm a fan. It's not so great for grocery shopping with 2 kids though. :) Hope things are wonderful. I can't wait to hear about your letterpress class and see some of your work!
Post a Comment