Monday, July 21, 2008

second class

Class this week was hands on! I mentioned before that I wanted to print personalized stationery cards & envelopes for myself, so that was my first plan of attack on typesetting. Our class is 2.5 hours and it took me about 2 hours to set it up! Attention to detail is crucial and trying to find what you need amongst thousands of tiny metal bits can be overwhelming. I'm really happy with the way the set up came out (we print this coming weekend...)
Here are some photos!
Some of the work area and metal spacing

Dingbats!
Me setting my type in the composing stick

Danni picking out some letters
Brenda looking very into her work!

My type all set!
(click on the photo to get a better view)
This will go at the top of cement grey flat notecards from paper source

This week: Printing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how exciting! i'm so jealous! can't wait to see your finished stationary. :)

Unknown said...

That looks like so much work! Is there a name for the font you're using? It looks really art-deco.

Can't wait to see the printed product!

monique said...

thanks heidi!
michael - hi(!) and the font is called Huxley Vertical, I'll post pictures of my finished stuff of course

oh, hello friend. said...

mo, wonderful pics!! love them! <3
great idea, i gotta take some pics.
are you so excited to print tomorrow?!
ahhhh. see you then!