


After the stress of me taking a day off for the press to delivered and then being told it wouldn't be delivered until the next day... it finally made it! Luckily my dad is awesome and was home the next day and helped the guy set it in place in their garage.
Jenny gave me ink and furniture (the wood pieces used to lock in your type, see below. photo by hyperbolation via flickr) to get started.

I'm getting some art ready to send out and have a polymer plate made from Boxcar Press. The polymer plate allows me to design and typeset in Illustrator. Here is an example of one from one-story.com.

Once I get going with this I'm going to invest in some metal type from M&H Type in San Francisco so I can reuse the designs via polymer plates but then hand set the type for each individual project.
Next on my to-do list is naming my letterpress "business", I'm having a really hard time with this! We'll see what I decide...

9 comments:
yayayaya!! i pretty much stopped understanding after "it's here" but i'm totally stoked for you!!
just, wow!!
woohoo! looking forward to the day you're up and running so i can get some awesome letter pressed biz cards!
Hahah, yeah, I'm not sure I understand how it works either, but it looks pretty rad. Maybe your parents can have a party and we can all come over and check it out??
WOW congrats friend! so exciting! It is AWESOME!! So glad everything worked out! If you have some pieces and designs made by November, you really should join me at felt club ;) Yea, names are TOUGH. good luck!
this is so great - big congratulations! I am very excited for your letterpress business. Make pretty things! :) :)
Hurray! Glad to hear it arrived mostly intact and was placed correctly! I'm kind of with Kelly on this whole thing, but I'm totes excited for ya!
Oh my goodness! This is so exciting. I can't wait to hear the "company" name. I am looking forward to some beautiful letter pressed stationary designs. See you soon!
congrats very exciting! and thanks for telling me about the glamour mention...very excited about that!
if you need anthing [more furniture, lead, etc..] feel free to shoot me an email...i've got loads!
Post a Comment