Monday, August 4, 2008

last day of letterpress class

Sadly our four week class finished this past Saturday. I'm really glad I got to print on the other press this time so I could see the difference in setups, feeding the press and all that. I'm somewhat short on time to blog so I'll just post the photos!

Setting up the type on the vandercook to be locked up
another angle of me setting up the type with my teacher watching from the side
feeding the paper to print on the vandercook

My Thank You cards!

Danni took a nice closeup of a card so you can see how the impression looks. Like I mentioned before we couldn't do deep impressions in the class but this is what's called a kiss impression.


danni, me & brenda in front of the Chandler & Price press
yay letterpress!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nerd! But it's kind of adorable. Neat!

Daniel Gross said...

I am glad you ladies had such a grand time on the press. Great job and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

oh, hello friend. said...

your projects turned out so great!
i'm bummed it's over!
it was fun! ;)
we should do a new activity to keep us going!
miss you too friend!

Wendy said...

Hi there, thanks for your comment on my blog. Looks like you've been having some letterpress fun too! Isn't it the best? :)

Anonymous said...

looks like a great class! i'd love to learn how to use a vandercook one day + than love the red of that c&p!

LaurenMarie - Creative Curio said...

I loved the way those photos turned out with the mirror in the background.

(and hi Danni! It's Lauren--the blonde one from the class. You took awesome pictures of me printing! Check of them some out)

Carrie said...

congrats on the new press! i found you through flickr and noticed the photo of you & denise and the ol' #4. i learned at the armory too! fun times!!