Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My friend Carla got me onto reading design sponge a little while ago and I have to say I'm addicted. It features all sorts of neat stuff from DIY before&after's of stuff, up & coming students designs and shop&design store guides in different cities. I was so excited to read about the girl who runs it doing an event here in LA. It's called Biz Ladies Meetup, and it's going to be at the Design Within Reach store on Beverly in a couple of weeks. This is the description of it:

"We’ll break into four groups and rotate between speakers covering PR/Marketing, Wholesaling/Retailing, Business Advice and a local designer talking about their real life success story and how they’ve balanced their life and job while taking their business from hobby to full time job."

I hope to learn a lot and use it when I get working on my personalize stationery/wedding invitation business.

Here is the photo from the Paper Source catalog of the inspiration for the cabinets on the wall thing I was talking about...



Back to work!


2 comments:

x said...

love love love design sponge!

xo, sahar

Steph said...

I love the idea of the drawers as shelves or just hanging on a wall looking pretty. Good job posting Mo!