Since registering for class I've been researching letterpresses like crazy.
Pretty much every website you can find about the subject tells you to start with reading David S. Rose's Intro to Letterpress Printing. Briarpress.org is another site that's crucial to learning about it. The forums here are great. Hopefully stuff will make sense once I start the class. While it's a challenge to secure a press to buy, it seems like once you do there are a lot of people out there willing to help you find any parts, manuals or just troubleshoot so that's really reassuring.
Later I can post some of my favorite print pieces I found on flickr.
I'm (finally) getting around to working on a t-shirt design for the Nerds of Design blog. A blog my friends from school and I started to help us stay motivated and design for fun.
I shouldn't start posts as I'm leaving for the day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so excited! Let me know what other info you find so I can be a nerd, just like you.
Post a Comment